This week we will focus on cleaning the Laundry Room. Now is the time to get rid of those dust bunnies and stray socks that have been sitting between the dryer and wall since last year. This week’s guide includes:
- Remove and clean window coverings.
- Remove dirty window screens and wash with warm soapy water.
- Wash windows: Use equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean window glass.
- Clean inside drawers and cabinets: Empty and wipe down with warm soapy water.
- Clean cabinet doors and knobs: Your best bet is a commercial cleaner designed to be used on your type of cabinets and knobs.
- Clean counters and folding tables: Use a multipurpose cleaner to wipe down counters and folding tables.
- Clean outside of washer and dryer: Wipe down the outside of your washer and dryer with warm, soapy water.
- Clean and freshen the inside of washing machine: Front-loading machines, pour 2 cups of white vinegar into your detergent dispenser and run a wash cycle on hot without laundry. Top-loading machines first fill the machine with hot water and then add the vinegar.
- Clean lint trap: Wash lint trap with warm soapy water. Allow to air-dry before replacing.
- Clean laundry sink and drain: Pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1 cup of hot vinegar. Wait 5 minutes, and then flush with hot water. Next clean your sink using a clean cloth to wipe the entire sink and faucet down with undiluted vinegar. Then towel dry.
- Clean walls and baseboards: Use a damp magic eraser to remove any marks and scuffs from walls. Fill a bucket with water and your favorite multipurpose cleaner and use a cleaning towel to wipe down the wall. Remember to work from the top down. Once dry, use dryer sheets to dust the baseboards to prevent dust from getting stuck to them in the future.
- Clean and disinfect trash can: Scrub all areas of your trash can using vinegar and an old scrub brush. Thoroughly rinse the can off and let air dry.
- Sweep and mop floor: Remember to move appliances around to clean underneath.
When you break cleaning down by rooms doesn’t it seem more doable? Check back next week when as we tackle the Bathrooms. If you missed last week’s kitchen guide you can find it here. Happy cleaning!
If you would like to follow along with more of my lifestyle, home decor, DIY, and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following: