How did you do last week on the Laundry Room? Doesn’t it feel great to have another room deep cleaned? Now, I know for most of us the Bathroom is our least favorite place to clean. This week we will kick butt and take names as we take on this task. Who’s with me? This week’s guide includes:
- Remove and clean window coverings.
- Remove dirty window screens and wash with warm soapy water.
- Wash windows: Use equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean window glass.
- Wash towels, bathmats, and shower curtains
- Clean inside drawers, cabinets, and vanity: Empty and wipe down with warm soapy water. Discard expired medications and cosmetics.
- Clean cabinet doors and knobs: Your best bet is a commercial cleaner designed to be used on your type of cabinets and knobs.
- Clean tub, shower, and shower doors: Spray tubs and showers with your favorite soap scum remover and gently clean with a cleaning eraser.
- Clean and disinfect counters and backsplash: Remove any debris with a damp towel. Clean with your favorite disinfectant and wipe dry with a clean towel.
- Clean drain and sink: Pour 1 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1 cup of hot vinegar. Wait 5 minutes, and then flush with hot water. Next clean your sink using a clean cloth to wipe the entire sink and faucet down with undiluted vinegar. Then towel dry.
- Clean mirrors, towel racks, and tissue holders
- Dust light fixtures
- Toilet: Clean inside and out. Don’t forget to remove the toilet seat to clean around the bolts.
- Clean fan and vent: Remove the vent covers. Wash them in warm, soapy water and let air dry. Clean fan blades with a damp cloth before returning the cover.
- Clean switch plates: Spay a paper towel with rubbing alcohol or household cleaner. Then wipe down switch plate. Note: Do not spray directly to the plate.
- Clean walls and baseboards: Use a damp magic eraser to remove any marks and scuffs from walls. Fill a bucket with water and your favorite multipurpose cleaner and use a cleaning towel to wipe down the wall. Remember to work from the top down. Once dry, use dryer sheets to dust the baseboards to prevent dust from getting stuck to them in the future.
- Clean and disinfect trash can: Scrub all areas of your trash can using vinegar and an old scrub brush. Thoroughly rinse the can off and let air dry.
- Sweep and mop floor: Remember to move appliances around to clean underneath.
When you break cleaning down by rooms doesn’t it seem more doable? Check back next week when as we tackle the Living Room. If you missed last week’s laundry room guide you can find it here. Happy cleaning!
If you would like to follow along with more of my lifestyle, home decor, DIY, and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following: