[bctt tweet=”Music is the voice of the soul. – Author Unknown”]
For some summer is all about the road trip. For those of us living in southern California, summer is all about relaxing on the beach, pool parties, and spending warm summer nights in the backyard entertaining friends and loved ones. I have compiled a list of some of my favorite tunes to get me in the mood for the warm weather. These are perfect for the beach, poolside, or the backyard.
- Kool & The Gang “Summer Madness” – This is my all-time favorite summer song hands down. It brings back fond memories of summer date nights with my husband before we had children.
- Note: Sampled in the popular DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince “Summertime”
- Nelly “Hot In Herre” – Always a hit at pool parties and backyard gatherings. Who can resist dancing to this song?
- Chris Brown feat Benny Benassi “Beautiful People” – Perfect for a girls night out or in when you’re feeling extra cute!
- Next “Wifey” – Can anyone say Karaoke? After a couple of cocktails, this song makes a perfect couples duet.
- Rick Ross “Aston Martin Music” Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michelle – Perfect for summer days riding around with the top down and music up.
- Nas & Lauryn Hill “If I Ruled The World” – This song reminds me of many conversations I had as a child on what I would do if I ruled the world.
- Zhane “Hey Mr. DJ” – Great song for any summer party.
- Beyonce “Party” – Another great song for a summer party.
- Luther Vandross “So Amazing” – An Awesome reminder of how great it is to be loved by that special someone.
- Jamie Foxx “Unpredictable” – Perfect song for the people watching on the beach.
- Maxwell “Pretty Wings” – Great song for running summer errands.
- Anita Baker “Angel” – Great song for summer lovers.
- Luther Vandross & Cheryl Lynn “If This World Were Mine” – Perfect song for winding down.
- Mass Production “Fire Cracker” – Great for your 4th of July BBQ.
- Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, Nayer “Give Me Everything” – My son and I love dancing to this song together singing our hearts out.
These are just a few songs I’ll be grooving to this summer. What is your perfect summer playlist?