Who says your workspace has to be boring? I’m a firm believer that if you feel good about your work space you’re more likely to actually use it. One of the ways I do that is by introducing elements that reflect my personality.
I thought I would share my most recent desk project that I recently finished and love how it turned out. I upcycled an old mouse pad and turned it into a glitter mouse pad to give my desk a little character. If you’ve been following this blog for a while you know I have a thing for glitter. A few weeks ago I made over a clipboard using glitter tape as seen here. If you’re a glitter girl like me and feel like your desk needs a little pizzazz, follow my steps to make your own mouse pad.
Here’s what I used:
Here’s what I did:
- Paint two coats of acrylic paint on the top-side of the mouse pad. Allow time to dry between coats.
- Once dried, apply a thin layer of mod podge over the entire top of the painted service. Mod podge will go on white but will dry clear.
- Then, generously sprinkle glitter over the top of the mod podge area to cover the entire surface.
- After about 2-3 minutes shake excess glitter off the mouse pad. Then allow to sit and dry for a couple of hours.
- Once completely dry, apply a second coat of mod podge and glitter if needed. Allow to completely dry.
- Apply a generous layer of mod podge to the top surface. This will seal the glitter to keep it from falling off.
- Allow to dry over night.
Let me know how you personalize your desk in the comments below.