I began using this budget friendly silver jewelry cleaning method as a teen who owned several pieces of jewelry. Operating on minimal allowance made purchasing jewelry cleaner outside of my budget. A high school friend shared this tip with me and I’ve been cleaning my silver with this method since.
The obvious benefit of using this cleaning method is having fabulous looking silver jewelry. Other benefits include monetary savings and using a cleaner without harsh chemicals. This method is so easy that you can begin using it today using items you already have in your home.
Here’s what I used:
- Sterling silver jewelry
- Any non-abrasive toothpaste
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of toothpaste into the towel and begin rubbing the toothpaste on your sterling silver pieces applying pressure. You will begin to see the tarnish coming off the jewelry onto the towel.
- Add more toothpaste to the towel as need and continue rubbing until the tarnish is gone.
- Once you achieve the desired look, rinse ensuring all toothpaste has been removed.
- Dry with a clean portion of the towel.
That’s it! You can wear your fabulous untarnished pieces. It doesn’t get any easier.
What affordable way do you keep your jewelry looking great! Let us know in the comments.